Guidance for Writing Procedures
Home > Guidance for Writing Procedures
Malcom’s Guidance for Writing Procedures instructs the user in the methods and principles needed to write an effective procedure.
The Guidance document provides the basis for SOP Simplification to:
- Ensure uniform, consistent format and content
- Establish how and when to use conditional statements (‘IF/THEN’)
- Avoid subject-verb disagreements, use ‘active’ vs ‘passive’ voice, use ‘positive’ vs ‘negative’ statements
- Determine level of detail to use based on users’ knowledge
- Determine how and when to use diagrams, process flows, digital pictures, document references, etc.
- Simplify the creation of new or revised SOPs
- Reduce number of revisions
Learn more about our Guidance for Writing Procedures by Contacting Us.